It’s a messy job, but it smells really good!
This job has many moving parts and will require someone that can multi-task like an event planner or a construction manager … or a mom. This isn’t your average production job. You’ll have a lot of autonomy and will be working independently or in a very small team most days. You’ll be responsible for making, packing and shipping products, as well as planning production schedules, maintaining inventory lists, keeping the studio clean and organized, and so much more.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Approach each day with a positive attitude
- Prioritize attention to detail and quality
- Multi-task and plan a day efficiently
- Keep a clean and organized workspace
- Problem-solve like nobody’s business
- Work independently and keep a things moving
- Any website experience a huge plus but not necessary!
You don’t have to be a gym rat or distance runner, but you do need to be able to lift 50 pounds, pull loaded pallets, climb a small ladder to stock shelves, etc.
Our studio is in a warehouse space, which can be dusty, messy, and loud sometimes. That just means that you don’t have to dress up for work! On occasion, the studio has strong amounts of fragrance - something to be aware of if you have a sensitivity to smells.
- Prepping wicks
- Pulling & preparing the vessels for production
- Loading wax into melters
- Calculating ingredients & adding scented oils
- Pouring candles + production of other products
- Tracking inventory of supplies
- Packaging and shipping orders
- Operate a palette jack
- Cleaning, sweeping, organizing
- Sorting, unpacking and cataloging incoming shipments
- Receiving mail + packages
- Taking shipments to UPS
- Taking out trash and recycling
You’ll be doing everything from making beautiful candles to taking out the trash. This isn’t a glamorous job but it is very satisfying when you see the best smelling handmade products going out to customers and you just know you are making someone smile.
Our current Operations Manager is pregnant (congrats Tiernan!) and we are looking to start training someone new as she is needing to take a step back with production.
Hours and Location:
Starting with Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9a-2p but hours will be ramping up as you go. More set hours coming in the fall and winter so must be fully available through the holidays.
11035 N 23rd Dr. Phoenix, AZ 85029
If you're interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know why you're the perfect fit! Subject line: Production Coordinator